We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Technical Support Specialist
Location: Kirkland, WA
The Technical Support Specialist provides support and basic issue resolution to all Swisslog customers and employees via phone, e-mail, chat and other electronic medium, such as network access into client System Control Centers. This person is skilled in parts identification, technician dispatch, schedule coordination, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and collaborative work with TSS and Senior TSS team members. Additional responsibilities include providing direct training and development activities to customers and Swisslog colleagues as required, and serving as a member of a specialized technical support staff to provide input, feedback, and support to the Swisslog Field Service, project management, Sales, the Customer Care organizations.
- Provide support and basic issue resolution to all Swisslog customers and employees via phone, e-mail, chat and other electronic medium
- Perform timely escalation of pending support-related issues to various Swisslog departments for further analysis and resolution.
- Report escalated case updates and resolutions to appropriate stakeholders: CCM’s, customers, Sr. TSS, Tech Support Supervisor, and CCCM Manager.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved and/or escalated both promptly and thoroughly by tracking them in Salesforce and SAP.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct diagnostics to investigate problems and to provide technical support.
- Report product quality issues to Quality manager via QAR forms.
- Update and provide recommended parts lists to clients, promote parts orders, and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required.
- Oversee and report on the daily performance of client systems by utilizing Bomgar and remote access systems in the Swisslog Customer Care Center
- In collaboration with Swisslog Order Entry, assist all customers and employees with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems.
- At the request of customers, create FSE dispatch requests for submittal to Customer Care Managers and maintain status of all open notifications and service work orders as assigned/required.
- Exercise proper care and accountability of all assigned company property; be mindful in spending company’s money and resources responsibly; and exercise proper care and responsibility when working with customers’ property and/or while at their facilities.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times and promote a positive image of the Swisslog organization.
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures.
- Submit reports, summaries, and other documentation on the above items to ensure appropriate implementation as required.
- Review TSS documentation, notifications, and escalations prior to submittal
- Other duties as assigned
- This position works on shift, and after training will have a Fri, Sat. Sun, Mon. 5 AM to 4 PM schedule.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years customer service experience or technical equivalent
- TSS I for a minimum of 3 months practical experience and training
- Functional electro-mechanical understanding
- Basic network and database knowledge
- Ability to read blue print, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills)
- People skills / Communication Skills both written and verbal
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience
Desirable but not Essential:
- A.S. Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Vocational school, or related 4 years military experience or technical equivalent
- Computer networking experience
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Talent Acquisition Manager