Sr. Software Applications Engineer
Location: Westminster, CO
As Sr. Software Applications Engineer you will be working on key software products in the Swisslog in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with solutions and product managers, software suppliers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing software revisions for external customers. You will contribute to the software design and effectively address problems of systems integration and compatibility.
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Implement unit, integration and performance testing
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and assisting less experienced members of the team.
- Following and fostering agile methods in software development as defined by the organization.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- At least 7+ years relevant work experience and track record in Software Development
- Strong Java (SE, EE) Skills; Kotlin preferred
- Enterprise frameworks: JPA, ELK Stack, Spring Boot, Angular, Docker
- Understanding of Relational database concepts, architecture and SQL programming
- Designed, delivered and managed Java EE or Spring projects
- Comfortable working on both Linux and Windows
- Excellent skills in problem solving and communication
- Ability to lead projects and manage projects
- Experience in a commercial software development environment
- Software OO-design and development experience with web-based user interfaces. deep knowledge of application integration
Desirable but not Essential:
- HashiCorp stack (Nomad, Consul, Envoy)
- Experience in the field of inventory management systems, supply chain or logistics, medical or health care software
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to visit our offices and possibly meet with customers
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Acquisition Manager