Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Location: Westminster, CO
The Systems Engineer’s primary responsibility is for the software server infrastructure needed to support customer projects and systems. The Systems Engineer is the lead technical resource for Swisslog Healthcare software implementation. This includes server deployment and configuration, and the installation and testing of all interfaces. The Systems Engineer works closely with the Realization (Project Management) team, customers, and third-party software vendors. The Systems Engineer works collaboratively with the Site Installation Manager on the connectivity of automation hardware to the software infrastructure.
Systems Engineers’ are also responsible for providing Advanced Support to the Customer Care and Software Support organization as required.
The Project Realization team is responsible for all aspects of successful implementation and execution of Pharmacy Automation and Transport Automation projects, for our North American customers. The team includes training, project management, hardware installation, software installation and information technology, and integration.
- Software systems, integration and IT subject matter expert for all project realization activities. Offers technical advice and consultation to the customer’s teams on all aspects of the server installation and software infrastructure required for the successful implementation of Swisslog Healthcare solutions. Completes IT related documents for customer projects.
- Responsible for the installation and integration tasks associated with projects- including internal systems integration and interfaces with customer’s third-party systems.
- Leads the installation and development of label programming, following best practices.
- Responsible for activities related to establishing secure remote system access, using Bomgar, Site to Site VPNs, etc., consistent with internal policies and processes and customer support agreements.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Site Installation Managers and the implementation team to complete the interface and connectivity between automation hardware and the server infrastructure.
- Assists sales and operations teams with effort estimates and scope of work definitions necessary for special projects, interface and label changes.
- Deploys software updates and upgrades to customer systems as required, consistent with best practices to meet Customers’ Support and Maintenance Agreements.
- Provides 3rd level support to the Customer Care organization for application and database issues. Provides advanced support (Tier 2) on interfaces and label programming, as required.
- Collaborates extensively with the technical product teams/Technology Centers to develop deployment and software best practices.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent technical training.
- 3 years of experience with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, C#, C++.
- Installing/configuring/supporting Windows Workstation/Server, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Database design and ability to troubleshoot performance issues related to Server/Network or Database
Desirable but not Essential:
- Familiarity with healthcare interfaces, and HL7 interface message protocols.
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada, as required for team collaboration and the support of customer projects
o Management of EDI message handling
o Crystal Reports, or similar SQL reporting tools
o Troubleshooting IT infrastructure including networks, and VPNs
- Integration engine tools, Mirth Interface Engine preferred or any other Integration Engine available on the market
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS. OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS.
Talent Acquisition Manager