Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Implementation Specialist, Pharmacy Automation
Location: Westminster, CO
The primary responsibility of the Implementation Specialist is the delivery of training and guidance to customers in support of the implementation of Swisslog’s Automated Drug Management Systems (Pharmacy Automation) Solutions. Proper training is essential to the adoption and success of our automation solutions. The Implementation Specialist represents Swisslog to our customers and must demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. In addition, the Implementation Specialist will provide training to internal staff as needed in the support of their particular roles and responsibilities to the Pharmacy Automation business.
The Implementation Specialist is an integral part of the operations team, as the primary training and implementation resource for the installation of Swisslog Automation Solutions. Training may be offered at the Swisslog Automation Academy in Westminster, Colorado. Swisslog offers their customers many training solutions, including those offered in our Automation Academy, as well as training delivered at customer sites, and virtual training and e-learning. The Implementation Specialist may be called upon for any of these options, as well as to assist with the development of remote and web-based learning curriculum.
The Implementation Specialist provides training, as well as project leadership for the implementation of the Pharmacy Automation products.
- Facilitates the execution of all training plans and assists with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the training.
- Delivers training at customer sites, the Automation Academy, and through web-based tools on Swisslog products and solutions.
- Provides guidance to customers and internal staff on automation best practices.
- Assists the Pharmacy Automation business team by responding to questions and assisting with support issues from staff and customers.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, guides and course materials for presentations and training sessions.
- Provides training to internal team members as required.
Training Delivery (30%)
Leads in-person and web based learning activities on Swisslog products and solutions, and guidance on automation best practices.
- Works with leadership to determine training objectives.
- Conducts train the trainer sessions and assures trainees can demonstrate proficiency.
- Contributes to the design of training programs, including learning objectives, outlines, customer facing materials, and designs hands on exercises to assure proficiency.
- Train project team members and clients on practices and tools, and monitors for quality and effectiveness
Implementation Support (20%)
- Participate in post-sales/pre-installation meetings and conference calls as required.
- Provide documentation for Kick-Off meeting outlining expectations pertaining to training.
- Guide the customer through the implementation and application build, including label specifications, management of medication orders and priorities, and the development of the medication formulary.
- Perform analysis of existing hospital pharmacy process and develop process maps of the existing manual process, as required.
- Partner with customers to identify, evaluate and develop future state workflow processes which are effective and meet user requirements
- Represent the Swisslog team as a clinical and pharmacy automation subject matter expert.
Go-Live and Customer Support (30%)
- Provides on-site support for go-live activities and coordinates the transition to Field Service support
Instructional Design (10%)
- Assist the Operations team with the development of the curriculum and delivery method, to include trainer-led classroom and hands-on instruction, computer based training (CBT), or blended learning.
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) for development of learning modules.
- Define and implement learning objectives of each module.
- Evaluate course content routinely to determine need for updates/enhancements with program or process changes.
- Evaluate to improve consistency, timeliness, quality, and cost of delivering training
- Ensure the technical training is up-to-date in addition to evaluating alternative solutions and makes recommendations when applicable
- Provide leadership to the customer and the project team as a pharmacy subject matter expert
- Encourage and promote communication with Swisslog project leadership on a regular basis, making them aware of critical issues confronting Technical Training and Projects and recommend mitigating action plans
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician, State Licensed or licensed by PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in hospital inpatient pharmacy
- Experience with the implementation of Medication Management systems and automation preferred
- Computer Proficient: including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and basic troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of larger collaborative team
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS. OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS.
Talent Acquisition Manager