Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Senior Technical Writer
Location: Westminster, CO
The Senior Technical Writer researches, organizes, authors, edits, maintains, and publishes customer-facing documentation as well as internal system engineering and support-level procedural and process documentation.
Additionally, you will collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements based on audience and task analysis. It is essential to possess knowledge of documentation principles, commonly-used strategies for producing high-quality documentation, best practices, and procedures within the technical writing industry and community.
- Must be internally motivated and able to research solutions to challenges even when they are not readily available
- Must be able to work on a wide variety of high-priority tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Must be able to create clarity out of ambiguity
- Must be able to think outside the box and exhibit flexibility when developing work products
- Must follow defined standards and conventions, templates, style guidelines.
- Write and edit system or architectural-level, highly technical documentation including specifications, microservices architecture documentation, system admin maintenance guides, release notes, interface specifications, and system configuration guides.
- Performs production activities to produce various output formats
- Collaborates with management personnel outside the organization (project managers, product owners, scrum masters, customer success managers, etc.) to coordinate content, projects, and deliverables.
- Coordinates translation/localization efforts for customer-facing product documentation, as needed.
- Creates and/or relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to write to different audiences – customer, system engineers, developers, etc.
- Ability to consult with subject matter experts to obtain information required to complete assigned deliverables.
- Knowledge of XML and CSS.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Background Requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle including agile/scrum development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in English and/or 7+ years of experience in a related functional area
- Experience writing technical documentation and web authoring using standard authoring tools such as MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Confluence Wiki, etc.
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently and in teams
- Must be able to create consensus
- Must be a team player
Desirable but not Essential:
- Experience writing highly technical software applications documentation, preferably in the healthcare or medical domain
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS. OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Talent Acquisition Manager