Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Software Engineer - Long Term Care
Location: Westminster, CO
The Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining, debugging, and improving existing medication dispensing software, working as a member of the product development team.
The Engineer will receive tasks and bug reports, investigate the requirements to implement new features and repair flaws, participate in design discussions, and develop and test code; participate in code reviews; document code and other software artifacts and processes. Throughout, the Engineer will be a member of an active team working in an agile process with task management, daily scrum, and other meetings as needed. The Engineer will design and develop code according to industry best practices, and the team regularly discusses and evolves our expectations for code and design quality and documentation.
- Work with the supervising Swisslog engineer to understand and clarify feature requirements and bug reports.
- Investigate bug reports and define strategies to repair software flaws.
- Analyze existing product code and propose solutions to identify problems.
- Design and develop code primarily using C# with .Net.
- Understand the software compenents, and identifying problems in customer data and configurations.
- Follow agreed-on practices and procedures, using agreed-on tools.
- Document developed code with appropriate levels of comments, drawings, and/or text documents.
- Define test procedures and criteria for developed code.
- Create instructions for testers, installers, and customer service; and work with documentation specialists to create and review polished documents for distribution.
- Request necessary prerequisites for assigned tasks to proceed, as needed.
- Report on work performed as required by Swisslog.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent programming training
- Minimum 5 years of professional object-oriented programming experience, at least 3 years using C# as primary programming language
- Fluent proficiency with WinForms for UI development
- Minimum 3 years experience reading and/or writing relational databases from applications
- Some experience implementing message-passing applications, using WCF, TCP, HTTP or REST, serial lines, or other messaging technologies
- Experience using source control such as TFVC (TFS) or Git
- Ability to write highly reliable, well-organized, readable, and maintainable code
Desirable but not Essential:
- Experience with healthcare systems and/or HL7 messaging
- Experience with information security and/or privacy, especially HIPAA
- UI implementation of web/HTTP, ASP.Net, WPF, and/or WinForms applications
- Experience estimating labor requirements for implementing software
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent Acquisition Manager