We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Field Service Engineer - Pharmacy Automation
Location: Boston, MA
Swisslog Field Service Engineers are critical to our customer care and support initiatives. Our Field Service Engineers are on the front-line, interfacing with our customers on a daily basis, keeping their systems up and running, ensuring optimal system performance, and improving patient safety, which in turn allows doctors and nurses to focus on critical patient care in hospitals across North America.
Field Service Engineers perform all Customer Support duties and responsibilities relating to Swisslog products (AMTS and ADMS), including preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, warranty service, emergency service, on-call service, start-up of current systems, operator maintenance and user training, and promotion of company products and services as required.
Perform all Customer Support Duties and Responsibilities relating to Automated Pharmacy Systems including:
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency, and paid services to customers in assigned area as required
- Assist with start-up services on new Swisslog products as required, working closely with the assigned Installation Specialists
- Report product quality issues to assigned Senior Field Service Engineer and/or Customer Care Manager and file quality reports as directed/required
- Train Swisslog customers on system and light maintenance operations
- Promote parts orders, provide recommended parts lists to clients and recommend inventory stocking levels to customers as required
- Conduct periodic customer care visits to monitor product performance and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned spare parts (crash kit) and customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog
- Assist all customers within assigned area with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems
- Advise Customer Care Manager of any problems or opportunities that arise within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, and start-up logs are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner
- Communicate and share information with sales personnel and support personnel as it relates to their assigned customer base
- Exercise proper care and accountability of all assigned company property, be mindful in spending company’s money and resources responsibly, and exercise proper care and responsibility when working with customers’ property and/or facilities
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times when working with customers
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures
- Attend required training programs to keep current on system updates
- Position may require some travel as well as holiday and weekend work
- Vocational school, related military experience, or job experience equivalent
- 1-3 years field service experience with electro-mechanical products
- Successful candidates will have an effective communication style that builds customer's trust and satisfaction
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills) and communication skills
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience
- Basic computer networking skills
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, and be able to work independently without supervision
Desirable but not Essential:
- Experience working in a mission-critical, on-call environment is desirable
- Associate's Degree from a Technical or Vocational School preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel 30 to 70% of the time for technical support and training purposes.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call hours including weekend, night, and/or holiday work
- Ability and willingness to lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs., work from heights, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTION
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Sr. Corporate Recruiter