We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Buyer / Planner
Location: Broomfield, CO
The Buyer / Planner generates demand forecasts, processes sales orders, and develops production schedules to support them. Additionally, this person is responsible for ordering and coordinating the delivery of parts/materials, equipment, and services used in product manufacturing.
The Buyer / Planner also controls the inventory and transportation of assigned production parts/materials in accordance with management objectives and to ensure total customer satisfaction within required timeline, quality standards, and total cost constraints.
- Manage SAP ERP master data for materials management, purchasing, planning, and transportation functions
- Create and manage project material Sales Orders including delivery note generation and final goods issue per delivery confirmations
- Manage, monitor and maintain delivery schedules / due dates in MRP system based on Customer Demand (Planning Solutions and Discrete Sales Orders) as well as forecasting techniques where applicable
- Analyze and provide feedback to appropriate departments on material status / requirements for fulfilling customer demand
- Provide lead times to the Customer Service team regarding Available To Promise date for customer demand fulfillment
- Generate and maintain the Master Production Schedules using a variety of inputs such as sales orders, historical data, sales forecasts, and inputs from the Sales & Operations team
- Check availability of inventory prior to firming/releasing work orders using system queries and reports.
- Work with manufacturing management to generate and maintain the Rough Cut Capacity Plan
- Manage Supplier Schedules and demand visibility as required to meet requirements.
- Maintain discrete purchase orders, Kanban releases & Supplier Schedules based on MRP action messages and new engineering change orders
- Monitor & measure material and transportation cost savings plans and targets; collaborate with Strategic Procurement team in supplier negotiation initiatives as required
- Collaborate with multiple suppliers and distribution locations to ensure proper inventory levels for finished goods and components
- Effectively manage inventory levels to meet customer orders, including safety & distribution stock, utilizing proven Supply Chain systems
- Develop, improve, and monitor reporting processes & systems to control the supply chain functions
- Collaborate with Strategic Procurement, Project Management and Customer Service teams to optimize supply chain and logistics solutions in order to maximize On Time Delivery to customer request and delivery promise, while minimizing inventory investment.
- Generate and distribute daily transportation reports
- Serve as liaison between project personnel and transportation companies to set delivery appointments, manage pipeline shipments, file claims, and ensure complete delivery on schedule and undamaged
- Work with accounts payable and transportation suppliers to reconcile freight invoices
- Quote and select transportation services as required for domestic and international transport
- Manage international freight compliance to ensure accurate, complete, and timely document transmittal to freight forwarders and customs
- Ensure hazardous materials transport compliance for all modes international and domestic
- Make recommendations to management regarding improvements in the supply chain processes to better enable the company to be efficient, optimize total cost of ownership, and improve delivery performance to customers.
- Adheres to Swisslog quality and safety systems
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Desirable but not Essential:
- Four-year degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related fields
- 3-5 years of scheduling & planning in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years customer service/sales support experience in a manufacturing, distribution, or transportation related industry
- 1 year buying experience
- APICS CPIM certification
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis on using MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel, Adobe Distiller, Auto-CAD
- Experience with an enterprise-wide information system such as SAP, specifically working with the SD, MM, and PP modules
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service-oriented interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions (P/D/C/A)
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Must exhibit a professional business demeanor and be capable of handling stressful and demanding interpersonal interactions, while working flexible hours dependent upon workload
- APICS CSCP certification
- Two years of experience with transactional ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards or related system in master data administration, order entry, scheduling, and/or warehouse administration
- Mechanical and electrical technical aptitude; specifically the ability to read and understand technical drawings and apply such knowledge in day-to-day business
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS. OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator