We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The WDS services portfolio ranges from building complex warehouses and distribution centers, to software and consulting services in the field of supply chain
management. WDS designs, develops and delivers efficient intralogistics automation solutions that enable forward thinking customers to provide the right products, to the right place, at
the right time.
Business Development Manager
Newport News, VA (or home office)
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing all aspects identifying potential opportunities, developing the initial relationship and qualifying these opportunities within Swisslog’s
chosen Key Strategic clients in and around the consumer goods. Working closely with the Global sales, technical and/or applications development group in order to win new business and increase sales with the focused strategic clients. Partner with Technical Account Development teams to build relationships with decision makers, business contacts, and influencers. Focus on and identify emerging Robotic solution needs & trends in the target segment and customers.
- Strategic Support of the sales function in the development of key accounts and specialist sales training
- Development of global and local account capture scenarios, gathering and organizing Business Intelligence to understand the connection points between Silicon Valley development organizations that impact the bigger market developments of opportunities and sales for robotic applications and warehouse automation.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of a concise strategy paper based on the company and division’s strategy
- Presentation of product planning (short, medium and long term), including the preparation of segment business plans and responsibility for the transfer to relevant product managers highlighting priorities, both within hardware development as well as resource and ready deployment strategies for the engineering and technical teams affected
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years of related robot/automation sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: strong relationship with customer contacts: engineering, purchasing, production and planning departments, supplier base and its integrators.
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and 401k! United efforts of our employees represent the basis for developing and delivering the best solutions for our customers.
Human Resources Assistant
757 820 3618