Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Field Service Engineer, Pharmacy Automation - Resident Technician
Location: Toronto, CA
Performs all Customer Support duties and responsibilities relating to Swisslog Pharmacy products, to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, warranty service, emergency service, on-call service, start-up of current systems, operator maintenance and user training, and promotion of company products and services as required.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance services to contract customers in assigned area
- Provide on-demand corrective, 24/7 emergency services to customers in assigned area as required
- Assist with start-up services on new Swisslog products as required, working closely with the assigned Installation Specialists
- Report product quality issues to assigned Senior Field Service Engineer and/or Customer Care Manager and file quality reports as directed/required
- Train Swisslog customers on system and light maintenance operations
- Conduct periodic customer care visits to monitor product performance and customer satisfaction;
- Maintain accountability/inventory of assigned spare parts (crash kit) and customers’ consignment inventories when inventories are contractually maintained by Swisslog
- Assist all customers within assigned area with parts orders, consumables, repair and return of defective parts, and requests for information pertaining to their systems
- Advise Customer Care Manager of any problems or opportunities that arise within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that required administrative paperwork, Service Work Orders, Expense Reports and Downtime Reports, and start-up logs are properly filled out and processed in a timely manner
- Communicate and share information with sales personnel and support personnel as it relates to their assigned customer base
- Exercise proper care and accountability of all assigned company property, be mindful in spending company’s money and resources responsibly, and exercise proper care and responsibility when working with customers’ property and/or facilities
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times when working with customers
- Adhere to and strictly enforce all company safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Desirable but not Essential:
- Vocational school, related military experience, or job equivalent
- Ability to read blueprint, schematics and wiring diagrams to extract necessary technical information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (customer service skills)
- People skills / Communication Skills
- PC Computer software and hardware literate/Windows Application experience
- 3-5 years of field service experience on related electro-mechanical products
- Basic computer networking skills
- B.S. Degree, Electronics Engineering Technology
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Swisslog’s FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform your job, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr. Corporate Recruiter