We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Due to continued expansion Swisslog require a Maintenance Manager to lead our brand new automated warehousing site based at our customer in Ipswich. Installed equipment includes conveyor systems, cranes and a monorail.
- To provide management oversight and demonstrate responsibility and ownership of the allocated customer site
- Manage a team of engineers and also provide hands on multi skilled maintenance engineering cover
- Ensure that all work is carried out to a satisfactory level as per the Service Level Agreement for the customer.
- Ensure that the Company’s and customers safety regulations are followed at all times, and report any anomalies immediately
- Ensure effective management of shift cover rota, holidays and sickness cover
- To take responsibility for all installation and commissioning issues, site safety and site administration
- Experience of managing staff performance including appraisals
- Proven experience in a Maintenance Manager role and leading engineering staff
- Experience in mentoring and on the tools training
- Proven competence in H&S
- A working understanding of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Experience working on automation similar to or including pallet stacker cranes, pallet conveyor, light goods conveyor and monorail systems
- Knowledge of software controlled logistic systems and understanding of daily operational problems in a logistics centre
- Good understanding of control systems and techniques
- Experience in PLC systems (S5, S7, safety PLCs)
Swisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
▪ A great working environment
▪ Working with advanced technologies
▪ Encourages new ideas & innovations
▪ Empowerment & project ownership
▪ Multi-cultural workplace that promotes diversity
▪ Future-oriented projects with leading brands
▪ Hands on training & skills development
▪ Domestic and international career opportunities.
Talent Acquistion Manager GEUR / TAM Co-ordinator LA