Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Location: Westminster, CO
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for a wide range of systems engineering, build out, and operational support for Swisslog HCS, web-based customer service applications platform. As a key member of our team, the DevOps Engineer will play a central role in two strategic initiatives - validating and maintaining application infrastructure and evolving our build and deploy process towards continuous delivery.
The DevOps team is responsible for managing and supporting the operation of test systems used by the Development organization, and the production systems used by our paying customers. We collaborate with IT resources, Development teams and other DevOps team members, and Realization/Support teams to deploy new functionality and solve critical issues while improving the customer experience.
- Design and implement cloud-based environment replication and auto-scaling functionality to enable zero downtime deploys and expand scalability.
- Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including virtual machine instantiation, continuous integration, automated builds, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing.
- Collaborate with Development and SQA to define and maintain release and continuous integration processes and frameworks.
- Provide configuration management and build services for applications. Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Proactively analyze and improve our application deployments to include automated deployments in a continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Operations group to build effective monitoring of production systems.
- Investigate and contribute to solving various development, test, and production environment issues.
- Provide collaborative conduit between IT Operations, Development and SQA teams.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Desirable but not Essential:
- Cloud technologies experience, VMWare preferred, Azure or AWS a plus
- Linux system engineering experience – 3+ years
- 3+ years experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Create, maintain, enhance and extend build infrastructure including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, automated database migrations, and automated build verification testing. TeamCity, Nexus preferred
- Experience with source control repository systems, Git preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve Infrastructure related problems
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems, self-starter
- Ability to understand complex, interdependent software systems
- Strong communicator and a passion to work with others to achieve team goals
- Strong customer focus, business acumen and results orientation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Agile development process from build through deployment
- Experience with Test Automation and/or Performance Analysis nice to have
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
- Windows Server and Network administration experience
- Linux administration experience
- Linux core build experience
- Understanding of backup and disaster recovery processes and configuration
- Jira, Confluence exposure/knowledge
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS. OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS.
Talent Acquisition Manager