Swislog is part of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The WDS services portfolio ranges from building complex warehouses and distribution centers, to software and consulting services in the field of supply chain
management. WDS designs, develops and delivers efficient intralogistics automation solutions that enable forward thinking customers to provide the right products, to the right place, at
the right time.
Manager Project Management
The Manager of Project Management manages the Projects within the Project Implementation Business unit. You make the necessary decisions for the Realization Unit according to the Quality Handbook and the responsibilities matrix of the Process Handbook. You act according to the Regulation on Signatories and Authorization within the applicable scope and therefore make the necessary decisions in balance with the annually agreed income expectations and within the annually approved cost centre budget.
- Lead the Project Management Team to attain the goals and tasks in accordance with the approved business plan, company budget, providing the necessary basis for a healthy business culture that encourages the highest level of performance.
- Hold regular Project Progress Reviews (PPR’s) in line with company instructions and report to WDS NA Management and WDS Division.
- Prepare input for the Project Implementation Unit business plan including budgeting, forecasting, resource and training planning based on the yearly agreed goals as defined by the Director of Realization and any other time required coping with specific business situations.
- Execute the annual approved business plan and ensure a positive cash flow for the business by ensuring that services are invoiced in a timely manner and that there is no reason for withholding payment by our Customers. Assist Accounts Receivable in the efforts to release payments from customers in case invoices are overdue and accounts have not managed to get confirmation of payment.
- Ensure all of the projects within the Business Unit are fully under control and all processes are performed and maintained according to the Quality Handbook, Process Handbook, and deliver professional and convincing presentations in front of the customer.
- Ensure that collaboration with the Software department takes place in a productive and efficient manner to allow best possible alignment between the two units.
- Ensure that communication within the group and business unit is maintained as well as good communication with customer support and sales departments.
- Manage projects when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, plus 10+ years of relevant experience (Automated Material Handling Industry preferred)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing people as direct reports.
- Demonstrable success applying strong leadership skills and establishing strong interpersonal relationships
- Proactive self-starter with grit, initiative and ability to get things done.
- Knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (conveyors, monorail, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience in the management of subcontractors delivering technical content
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and 401k! United efforts of our employees represent the basis for developing and delivering the best solutions for our customers.
To apply please complete the online application form.
SWISSLOG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Human Resource Business Patner