Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Senior Technical Writer
Location: Broomfield, CO
The Senior Technical Writer researches, organizes, authors, edits, maintains, and publishes end-user documentation for internal and external audiences. Additionally, this person collaborates with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements based on audience and task analysis. The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for applying documentation principles, strategies, and industry best practices to produce high-quality documentation.
- Arrange and organize concepts, tasks, and requirements clearly and with purpose for the intended audience.
- Adhere to corporate standards, conventions, templates, and style guidelines.
- Interview subject matter experts to gain technical product knowledge and present the information in a manner that is both relevant and clear to the audience.
- Work firsthand with mechanical products to develop installation, assembly, and maintenance instructions.
- Work firsthand with software applications to develop conceptual, reference, and task-based help topics and instructions.
- Take and edit photographs and software screen shots.
- Work on multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Work closely with team members to develop a technical publications modernization plan. We author most content in unstructured Adobe FrameMaker and store source content in file directories. In the future we want to implement an XML authoring tool and single-source content from a component content management system.
- Actively engage in document control activities by using the product lifecycle management software to connect documents to products.
- Collaborate with management personnel outside the department (customer care managers, product managers, customer success managers, etc.) to coordinate deliverables.
- Coordinate translation and localization efforts for customer-facing product documentation when needed.
- Accept requests for content updates, enhancements, and creation from co-workers in various departments.
- Assist co-workers in locating information using product lifecycle management software, the enterprise resource planning system, and document publications libraries.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Desirable but not Essential:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in a related functional area
- Experience with common technical authoring tools, specifically Adobe products, including FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work independently and in teams
- Experience implementing an XML solution
- Experience with component content management systems
- Experience writing for translation
- Graphic creation and editing experience
- Experience with product lifecycle management (PTC Windchill) and enterprise resource planning systems (SAP)
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Talent Acquisition Manager