We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The Healthcare Solutions portfolio comprises automated material handling and drug management systems for hospital facilities that increase efficiency and enhance the
patient experience in forward-thinking hospitals. Swisslog automated material handling solutions provide quick, flexible and safe transportation of medications, specimens and basic
supplies throughout hospitals and across medical center campuses, while its medication management solutions address packaging, labeling, storage and dispensing for inpatient and
Site Installation Manager (Pharmacy Automation)
Location: Denver, CO
The primary responsibility of the Site Installation Manager is the installation and commissioning of Pharmacy Automation products at customer sites.As the installation lead, the Site Installation Manager is responsible for coordinating all onsite work with Swisslog and third-party representatives as required.
Proper installation and training is critical to the successful implementation of our automation solutions, and the Site Manager will assist the Operations team with direct customer training on Pharmacy Automation products.The Site Installation Manager represents Swisslog to our customers and must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
The Site Installation Manager is responsible for directing and completing the installation and commissioning of the Pharmacy Automation products at customer sites.
- Represent Swisslog in on-site customer coordination meetings, and act as the customer’s primary contact for installation.
- Assist the Pharmacy Automation team with the delivery and inspection of all hardware.
- Directs and coordinates all onsite work with Swisslog and third-party representatives as required.
- Assembles, configures/tunes and tests Pharmacy Automation products after installation.
- Advise and escalate project and installation issues to tbroader Pharmacy Automation team, specifically keeping the Swisslog Pharmacy Automation Project Manager current on all activities and issues.
- Provides technical and installation assistance to the business team as required.
- Logs and reports issues using established procedures as required.
- Provide corrective, emergency, and on-call services to assigned customers as require
Training/ Testing Support (20%)
- Leads tasks and activities related to acceptance testing to successful completion.
- Provide direct training to customer and internal staff
- Provide training and direction to Pharmacy Automation field service staff.
Go-Live Support (10%)
- Provides on-site support for go-live activities and coordinates the transition to Field Service support
- Assist customer with part orders, including spare parts, return processes and consumables ordering
- Provide customer support / field service assistance for Pharmacy Automation systems and occasionally to Automated Transport products.
- Provide corrective, emergency, and on-call services to assigned customers as required
- Associate degree (Technical or Vocational School)
- 7+ years field service experience on related electro-mechanical products
- Computer Proficient: including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and basic troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter and independent worker, must be able to manage time effectively and work without supervision
- Must be able to work independently and as part of larger collaborative team
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
Desirable but not Essential:
- Experience working as a remote-office employee
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive benefits including health/dental and above-market 401K!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Talent Acquisition Manager