We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 300 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries.
The WDS services portfolio ranges from building complex warehouses and distribution centers, to software and consulting services in the field of supply chain
management. WDS designs, develops and delivers efficient intralogistics automation solutions that enable forward thinking customers to provide the right products, to the right place, at
the right time.
This is a unique opportunity to join our successful Controls Engineering team for which you must be able to demonstrate considerable capability and evidence of success in your field.
Ideally you will have experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms: Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell; be fully conversant in the programming languages defined in IEC61131 most significantly ST, and able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings.Responsible for application engineering of HMI/PLC systems for fully automated Warehouse Control Systems.To function as a key player within a project team to deliver the system, fully tested and documented to site to the required specifications and project schedule.Involvement in system definition.Design, coding, specification and test of PLC, HMI and AC drive software.Focal point for on-site technical & commissioning.Create and maintain good relations with customers and suppliers.Company representation at both internal and external meetings.
- You must have sound electrical engineering and controls knowledge as the role will include control system definition, standards, design, specification, concept and responsibility for application engineering of PLC/IPC based controls for fully automated Warehousing Systems
- Industrial experience is required with sound knowledge of all or some of the following hardware platform and associated programming languages – Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell (Allen Bradley).
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation would also be of benefit.
- Application knowledge of industrial warehouse systems (cranes, monorails, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (e.g. PROFIBUS, ASI), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems would be an advantage.
- Industrial experience of other controls platforms (e.g. Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc).
Swisslog is part of a global organization that strives to provide opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
▪ A great working environment
▪ Working with advanced technologies
▪ Encourages new ideas & innovations
▪ Empowerment & project ownership
▪ Multi-cultural workplace that promotes diversity
▪ Future-oriented projects with leading brands
▪ Hands on training & skills development
▪ Domestic and international career opportunities.
In order to apply, please complete the application form by clicking on the link below.
Talent Acquistion Manager GEUR / TAM Co-ordinator LA